Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nothing exciting

Disclaimer: this post will likely be neither funny nor entertaining.

It seems everyone I know that blogs has been suffering from writer's block or something lately. No one has been writing, and that means I am suffering from a lack of reading material these days. I still have a week until I start my new job, and how am I going to pass my time without new blog posts to read? Sure, I could read novels (which I am) or watch movies (which I do), but how else am I going to indirectly get to know people if not by reading their blogs? It's a lot easier than actually engaging someone in conversation and getting to know them directly.

In other knews, I uploaded some more of my other non-blog writings. You'll notice among the links and things on the right side of the page (which you can't see if you're using Google Reader - probably the only downside to using Google Reader actually) that there is now a heading for "additional reading." Beneath that heading there are links to most of the personal essays and short stories that I have written. Most of them are in what I would call literary limbo. I don't feel that any of them are truly complete, but I am not actively working to revise or edit them at this time. Hopefully they will provide those of you brave enough to read them some entertainment and/or pleasure. If you do take the time to read them, I would like to know what you think about them. You could do this by leaving a comment anytime on any post or by emailing me at cfj1983@gmail.com. I really do like to know what people think.

Well, that about does it for tonight. Lately I've been posting things that seem like mere reporting of events. Not a lot of critical thinking or introspection, and that kind of bothers me. It's not that I don't have serious things to write about, but I keep convincing myself to write about them at a later time, almost like I'm shying away from what might be some difficult realizations or self-discoveries. Hopefully I'll get down and dirty and write about something that really matters, something important for my own personal growth and understanding. Until then, adieu.

2 comments:

  1. You should read my cousin "Sarah" on my blog roll's blog. She likes to read and write about it too, you may enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted the longest post in the history of posting... it might entertain you but it's mostly pictures. And I definitely will read some of your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter