Monday, May 12, 2008

You and the Cap'n Make it Happen at Carl's Jr.

Saturday afternoon, during the halftime festivities of my strenuous physical efforts, I went to Carl's Jr. with my former roommate and current homeboy Jeff Mitchell for lunch. Jeff hooked me up with a stellar coupon from the interweb (free small fries and drink with purchase of a Western bacon cheeseburger!), and we ordered our food. Because half my combo meal was taken care of with the coupon, I felt like I needed to spend a little more cash to even things out. That's why I ordered the Cap'n Crunch milkshake.

I'm always tempted to try these weird combinations that appear in fast food joints. Who thought to mix Cap'n Crunch and ice cream? I probably never would have. If it were up to me, I would definitely go for other types of cereals long before Cap'n Crunch. There's Trix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Puffs, Raisin Bran, etc. (This entry is making me hungry). Despite the odd choice of Cap'n Crunch, I decided to try the shake. Those who know me ("you few, you happy few" - props to whoever catches the allusion) know that I love milkshakes. I could write a long entry on my tumultuous relationship with the Malt Shoppe, but I'll save that for later. I figured that it couldn't be too bad, and even if it was weird tasting, it was at least a milkshake.

Turns out that it's really a fairly unassuming milkshake. The flavor isn't all that bold or distinct, and maybe that's the way some people like it. I tend to prefer bigger flavors that jump out more, but I enjoyed this shake. Sometimes that pieces of Cap'n Crunch were too big for the straw, but I figured out how to eat them --- without a straw even. I was pretty proud of myself. I can't really recommend this shake or say that it was the best thing I'd ever eaten because it wasn't. It was good, but I doubt I'll get one again.

How was this for random? I do not know why I blogged about this milkshake when I have other, more serious, things I would like to write about. C'est la vie!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha nice Chris, I don't know why you blogged about it either, but I liked it. But what is this, raisin bran shake!? That's pushing it a little far, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter