Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More $$$

I had to take my parents' car (which I've been driving for the last week and a half) in to the dealership to have it looked at. The dealership is in Orem, and that meant that I would be taking the car into Orem without a ride back to Provo. I decided that I would tough out the wait by chilling at the nearby Orem City Library. After reading One Hundred Years of Solitude (which I am enjoying a lot) for about an hour in and sleeping for twenty minutes, I decided that I needed to get some air. I left the library and decided to walk to Savers, a nearby thrift store. For the last year or so I have been occasionally frequenting thrift stores for the sole purpose of buying books. You'd be surprised how often I find books worth purchasing and how little I pay for them. Today was no different. I ended up purchasing five books for $3.00. That amounts to sixty cents per book . Now I have five more books that I need to read. Happy happy joy joy. Happy happy joy.

I know I mentioned in a postscript two posts ago that I was considering starting a book club, and I am now more seriously considering it. Both the Provo and Orem library have a good selection of book sets for reading clubs. At least one person has expressed interest, but let me know if anyone else is interested in forming a book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter