Saturday, May 10, 2008

In the Meantime

I have been meaning to write another substantial post because there are quite a few things floating around in my head. Alas, I am in no physical or mental state to do so. I am pretty much exhausted right now. Here's why:
  • I had an intramural soccer game, for which I shaved my precious beard. We won 7-0, and I had 2 assists. I thought playing ultimate frisbee a couple times a week would have helped my endurance some, but I found out that playing real soccer at full-speed still requires tremendous endurance. I've got to work on that.
  • After returning to my apartment a sweaty mess from the soccer game, I jumped in the pool to cool off. I then proceeded to swim some laps.
  • Later I was invited to hike up to the Y, and I went along with it. It was still a pretty easy hike, even in my energy-depleted state.
  • Then an hour or so after coming down the mountain, I went and played ultimate frisbee at Kiwanis park for an hour and a half. I didn't push myself as hard as I normally would, but I still ran, frequently sprinting, a fair amount.

It was a physically demanding day, and right now, even though I would love to write a great blog entry, all I want to do is read One Hundred Years of Solitude until I fall asleep. And that is exactly what I am going to do. I'll write a better entry tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the awesome Western Bacon Cheeseburger and Cap'n Crunch milkshake adventure.

    And yes, I did grossly misrepresent the Stadium Terrace volleyball talent for the sake of argument. I apologize if you felt I was including you in that group. You know you got game gangsta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! sounds like a fun/exhausting day!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter