Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why am I still awake?

So I was playing Rock Band tonight, and I was totally rocking the drums. I was probably hitting the pads with too much force, but all I wanted to really do was play a real drum set and smack them with gusto aplenty. It was sweet. We'd been playing for some time, and usually when I drum for a long time I tend to get tired and lose the beat. Tonight, after taking a break to play bass, I got back on the drums and got my second wind. I was feeling it, and that translated into some sweet rocking out.

I think Rock Band can play an important part in a twenty-something's life. For me, it's letting me live out my adolescent (and adult) dreams of being a rock star. Sure I'm just smacking these pads with drum sticks in my friends' front room, but it feels like I'm really rocking out. Maybe I am. My attitude is definitely rocking, and I tend to think that our attitude determines our reality.

Anyway, it was a good night for Rock Band and then a couple episodes of Arrested Development. Now I'm up too late and not looking forward to work in the morning. It's gonna be a long day.

1 comment:

  1. I love playing it because I know I'll never be a rock star or anything close to it. And for a few minutes (or hours) I get to pretend that I am.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter