Saturday, January 17, 2009

A good start to a great weekend.

This has been a long week. Lots of work, not enough sleep, some unnecessary stress, and plenty of good times as well. Tonight the intramural basketball team I am on, the Bricks, had its first game of the season. We played alright considering it was the first time a lot of us had played together in a real game situation. We worked out some kinks, got a good rotation going, and stuck it to the other team. After starting slow, we managed to tie things up at half, 15-15. Then we unleashed the beast in the second half. We held the other team to just 10 points while we put up 29. It was a lot of fun. According to Jake, our statistician, I ended up with 13 points. I should have had more, but there will be another time. I did hit a three near the end of the game that was the final nail in the coffin. It felt fantastic.

After the game we went to IHOP and enjoyed all-you-can-eat pancakes. I only had five, but that was plenty. Now I'm stuffed and ready to sleep. Tomorrow I will venture south to Cedar City to spend time with my homeboy Justin and other awesome people as we rock out on Rock Band all weekend long. It's gonna be great.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy MLK Day when it comes around on Monday. I'll be back on this internet thing soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter