Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday morning but no cartoons for me.

It is Saturday morning, and I am up bright and early and not loving it. Instead of sleeping in and recuping lost sleep from last weekend's craziness, I had to wake up at 8 a.m. to clean my oven and bedroom for cleaning checks. It's that time of the month.

This maketh me not happy.

I was enjoying a deep slumber and an interesting dream when my alarm went off. Alas, it was time to clean. After my Friday night unceremoniously vanished into the eternal nothing of the past, this seems like an appropriate start to what will likely be a forgettable Saturday. I've got no real plans other than playing basketball this afternoon (which will be good because I need to keep playing to improve my shot and get in better shape) and possibly attending the BYU basketball game versus San Diego State.

I wish I had more on my plate, I really do. Unremarkable weekends make the tedium of the work week all the worse. Who knows? Maybe something awesome will happen. I can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter