Thursday, February 26, 2009

Someday I will write something substantial, but for now...

I promise that there is an actual blog worth writing in my head.  I've been mulling over some ideas for awhile, and as soon as the time is right, I will transfer those ideas from my brain to the internet.  In the meanwhile, I figured I would just write something even if it is inconsequential.  It just feels good to write every once in a while.

The Andrew Bird concert last night was very good.  Mr. Bird is a fantastic performer, and I was continually in awe as he shuffled around the stage and played his various instruments (guitar, violin, xylophone, handclaps), manipulated his loops, and sang or whistled.  The opener, Loney Dear, of Sweden, was also very good.  I was very impressed with their set, and I intend to listen to them more in the future.

I would like to say I've had a lot on my mind lately, and while what I have had on my mind has pretty much dominated my entire thought process, I can't really say I've been up to much.  I haven't watched as many films or read as many books as I'd like, and it's not because my social life is all-consuming.  In fact, I'd be delighted if it were.  No, I suppose I lack motivation to do things right now.  I've got lots of plans in my head, lots of things to write and/or create, but I'm usually thinking of accomplishing those things later.  Lately I've been languishing in uncertainty, mainly on one issue, but that uncertainty has done a good job of keeping my emotions somewhat disjointed.  Anyway, the future substantial blog that I'll someday write will clarify some of this vague rambling.

I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter