Friday, February 6, 2009

The joys of consumerism, or how I learned to stop worrying and help the economy.

I've been meaning to post something the last few days.  I've been carrying around a small notebook with me everywhere I go just in case I feel the need to write something down, part of my resolution to be more organized and get more stuff done, and in this notebook I always have at least three or four topics to write about.  Actually sitting down and writing about them is a whole other story.

While I won't actually write about any of the topics that are written down in that notebook, I just wanted to actually post something, mainly because I am on my new MacBook (and it is a sleek, sexy machine).  It will take some time to get used to everything, and I'm still in the process of transferring files from my PC (including my music, which will require quite a bit of time and effort).  All in all, I am very much pleased with my purchase.  It will allow me greater mobility and freedom, which I hope will encourage more and better writing, and it will let me finally get around to finishing a few projects I've left unfinished for some time now.  Those projects include the Director's Cut for my short-film "Irish-American Idol," as well as the Director's Cut for "The Three Masters 2."  It's been almost a year since I've done any film editing, and I'm looking forward to being able to do it at my own leisure.

I have been wasting too much time on GarageBand, throwing loops together and trying to create something resembling music.  I fear I will continually be tempted by it.

And in other news:  there isn't much other news.  I have now seen four of the five films nominated for Best Picture, and I hope to see the fifth before the weekend is over.  Also, I don't have anything planned for this weekend.  After the hustle and bustle of last weekend, it might be nice to just take it easy and be boring.  Or maybe not.  I can't decide.  I am languishing in uncertainty.  (I'm only half-joking).

2 comments:

  1. Which of the five best picture nominees do you still have left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk. I'm gonna have to go to Salt Lake to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter