Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scattered Thoughts

I consider myself a student of humanity, and the more I observe and try to understand people around me, the more perplexed I become. I'm grateful for whatever occasional insight I'm able to gleam from all my observations, but sometimes the only insight I can come up with is that people are complex, their motives are often unknown, but their complexity and confusing nature makes them all the more fascinating and worth striving to understand.

I guess it's a good thing I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on who I am and often evaluate the things I do and why I do them. I don't know where I'd be if I found myself confusing.

On a totally unrelated note: I am loving my MacBook. I still have a lot of files to transfer over from my external HD, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying my most recent major purchase. I have started working on a video about the Labor Day exploits some friends and I enjoyed this past September. I'll definitely upload it once it's finished. I worked on it for a couple hours yesterday and ended up with a solid seventeen seconds of edited clips. I must say it's a pretty sweet opening sequence though. It feels good to be (somewhat) creative again.

I need to bowl more often. I bowled two subpar games Saturday night, and I realized that my bowling skills are not what they once were. Kudos to Gus for throwing the high score.

Lemon out.

1 comment:

  1. People definitely are complex, but also more simple than we sometimes think. Glad to hear you're enjoying your macbook :) Let's hang out soon... have a game night or play rock band or something :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter