Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ramblin'

Friends and family, those of you who are involved in the blogosphere, you have let me down. You have not given me much in the way of reading material lately. Where else am I to turn for entertainment, enlightenment, and social interaction? Actual conversation?

I learned of the disintegration of a former-roommate's long-term relationship, and I am most disheartened. This was a couple that seemed extremely compatible, like the cliched "match made in heaven." I'm still hoping to have my own Saturday's Warrior moment sometime. Like I said a couple posts ago, I sometimes don't get people. I never imagined that this particular relationship would go down like this. It seems really sudden to me, though I can't claim to have been in the loop or anything. I feel like I need to listen to a Modest Mouse with lyrics like, "This plane is definitely crashing," and "This boat is obviously sinking," and "This building's totally burning down." Fits pretty nicely.

I'm hearing about too much heartache, especially this close to Valentine's Day. I'm definitely not a huge proponent of the materialistic farce of a holiday, but even I would be somewhat respectful of the day's place in our culture. I'll write more tomorrow about why I think Valentine's Day is a sham, but still, it's not a good time to be breaking up, y'all.

If only it were a good time for getting together, and I'm referring specifically to myself. But that likely shan't be happening, to my eternal chagrin.

Once again, I really don't have much to write about, but I just wanted to do some writing. Maybe if I get some of the thoughts out of my head and into the blogosphere, they won't be able to bounce around in my cranium and keep me awake longer than I'd like. I don't know what it is, but my brain has been unable to shut down as promptly as it used to not all that long ago. Perhaps the fact that my bedroom is some ten degrees warmer than the rest of my apartment has something to do with it.

Well, dear readers, you lucky, lucky individuals, I hope all is well and the rest of your week goes smoothly. I'm looking forward to the three-day weekend, that's for sure. I only need to think of something awesome to do. Oh great, something more to think about. Initiate shutdown sequence now.

2 comments:

  1. Reading blogs is totally where I turn for entertainment. Is that sad? Oh well. But then I read blogs that are written so much better than mine, and that's a little depressing. And the fact that that's a little depressing is also depressing. Oh well. I also hate Valentine's Day, though that can't get me out of buying ridiculously overpriced flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of the thoughts bouncing around in your cranium is great. I've been meaning to blog for awhile, in fact, I have two drafts, but I just haven't had time to finish them lately...

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter