Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tag

So I got tagged by Jessie last week and have finally gotten around to it.  Here we go:

Eight TV Shows I Love To Watch:

  1. The Office (yessshh)
  2. Arrested Development (too clever for its own good)
  3. 30 Rock (has overtaken the Office as the funniest comedy on television)
  4. 24 (as ludicrous as the plot gets, Jack Bauer is still the man)
  5. Lost (I enjoy it but don't bother to try and unravel the show's mysteries)
  6. Friday Night Lights (criminally neglected show - derived from a good movie and great book of the same name)
  7. BYU football (technically not a show, but who cares?)
  8. Sportscenter

Eight Restaurants I Love:

  1. Tucanos (para matar a saudade)
  2. Carl's Jr. (the western bacon cheeseburger is all I need)
  3. The Lotus Garden (good Chinese buffet on Center Street in Provo)
  4. Golden Corral (favorite place to eat as a skinny and ravenous child)
  5. Rodizio de pizza in Ribeirao Preto, Brazil (think Tucanos but with pizza)
  6. Wienerschnitzel (chili cheese on everything)
  7. The Olive Garden
  8. Lon’s Cooking Shack (southern style barbeque goodness)

Eight things I am doing (did) today:

  1. Work
  2. Ate a delicious barbeque bacon cheeseburger for lunch
  3. Blogging
  4. Read some more of Cormac McCarthy’s The Road
  5. Order Seasons One and Two of 30 Rock
  6. Watch highlights from the 2006 and 2007 BYU-TCU football games
  7. Play NCAA 2009 on the Xbox 360
  8. Watch the latest episode of Heroes online

Eight Things I Am Looking Forward To:

  1. the BYU-TCU football game tomorrow evening
  2. Halloween
  3. my little sister’s wedding in December
  4. Thanksgiving
  5. producing some good creative writing
  6. becoming a menace to society
  7. unbecoming a menace to society
  8. figuring out future plans

Eight Things I Love About The Summer:

  1. warm nights
  2. lack of some responsibilities
  3. road trips
  4. spontaneous adventures
  5. swimming
  6. more time to make/hang out with friends
  7. frolicking in the outdoors
  8. Slurpees (year-round with me) 

Eight Olympic Events I Wanted To See and Did:

  1. swimming
  2. men’s basketball
  3. men’s soccer
  4. men’s and women’s indoor volleyball
  5. men’s and women’s beach volleyball
  6. track and field sprinting events
  7. some gymnastics
  8. pole vault

Eight Things On My Wish List....

  1. a significant other
  2. a MacBook
  3. a new external hard drive
  4. to go far in the intramural soccer tournament
  5. a BCS bowl game for BYU
  6. to publish something and make some money
  7. a clear understanding of what I need to do in the immediate future
  8. for lists to be kept to 5 items and not 8

2 comments:

  1. I love that I am number 3 on the list of things you are looking forward to. I even beat Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Heroes...and I don't normally comment on your blog...but I just love Heroes. I can't wait to watch the next episode of Heroes.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter