Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Love Your Blog Award!

Preface: being blog-tagged reminds me of those email surveys people used to send to their friends back when the internet was still a relatively new mainstream phenomenon. I just can't help feeling like a teenager again whenever I do these things.

1. Where is your cell phone? on my desk, about a foot from where I sit.
2. Where is your significant other? hopefully not too far away.
3. Your hair color? brown
4. Your mother? a saint
5. Your father? the epitome of quiet dignity, smart and humble
6. Your favorite thing? life (mainly people) or Slurpees
7. Your dream last night? I don't remember it.
8. Your dream/goal? create the art I feel the need to create
9. The room you're in? bedroom
10. Your hobby? literature/music/film (though hobby doesn't seem strong enough)
11. Your fear? failing at life or being consumed by gigantic waves in the middle of the ocean
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? a published author with a family
13. Where were you last night? playing intramural soccer and kicking it at Sparks
14. What you're not? a ladies man
15. One of your wish-list items? a new MacBook
16. Where you grew up? Vernal, UT
17. The last thing you ate? corn dogs and an apple
18. What are you wearing? awesome old-school slacks I got at DI last week
19. Your TV? on loan to an apartment that didn't have one
20. Your pet? dogs...i love them all.
21. Your computer? a cheap Dell desktop full of rocking tunes
22. Your mood? calm
23. Missing someone? distant friends I don't see nearly enough
24. Your car? "I drive a Dodge Stratus!"
25. Something you're not wearing? a coat or similar cold-weather item
26. Favorite store? Best Buy or Borders
27. Your summer? lots of good time with friends
28. Love someone? yes, please
29. Your favorite color? blue
30. When is the last time you laughed? not long ago at all
31. Last time you cried? not sure...but I probably will soon when I reach the end of Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road. That book is soul-crushingly sad with just a pinch of hope and light at the end. It really is a brilliant book.

I hereby bestow this award upon: Justin, Gus, and Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter