Sunday, November 2, 2008

I had a dream. An odd dream.

I had an odd dream the other day. Some of you might enjoy this more than others.

I was walking around a commercial district that appeared like the pedestrian plazas found downtown in Brazilian cities. Shops of every variety would line both sides of the streets limited to pedestrian traffic only. I was in such an area, but there really weren't a lot of people nearby. I don't think I ever took notice of being in Brazil, so I'm pretty certain that I wasn't. Just a familiar setting transported to a different continent in my brain.

I finally went into a store, and it turned out to be a record store and, as I would find out later in the dream, a used bookstore as well. This wasn't just any record store selling CDs and whatnot; from what I could tell, the selection was entirely made up of vinyl records. Also of note, and this is why the dream really stood out in my mind when I awoke, the store was owned and operated by Barack Obama. I ended up purchasing two classic Beatles albums, Rubber Soul and Revolver, albums I would definitely purchase if I came across them in vinyl format. I took my albums and left the store.

I later returned to the store, and this is when I noticed that it was also a used bookstore. I bought a couple books, but I don't think I ever read the titles. The dream ended soon after that because I had to get up and clean for my cleaning check.

I don't know if the dream means anything. I suspect that it doesn't, that it was pretty much entirely random, but I still find it interesting and unique. Take it for what you will. If you want to venture an interpretation, feel free to leave a comment. I'm actually hoping someone will try their hand at an interpretation. It could be very funny.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the interpretation is pretty obvious. Barack Obama is the provider of all good things. Music, Books, Cool Little Shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own interpretation is John McCain will regret his way after the elections.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter