Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Beatles: Rock Band

TWO THUMBS UP!

I picked up my copy of The Beatles: Rock Band today and finally got around to playing it around 9:30 p.m. Nearly four hours later, I can say that it is a great game. I always imagined that playing with six people at once (guitar, bass, drums, and three vocalists) would be great, but I didn't know just how great it would turn out to be. While we didn't hit many of the three-point harmonies perfectly, there were moments of sublime harmonization. It's going to be a lot of fun learning and mastering the different parts. I even played the bass and sang during the Apple Corps rooftop, made possible by a neighboring apartment's mic stand. It was difficult but still a lot of fun.

I am excited for the downloadable content, especially the Abbey Road Side B medley, and I'm sure my love for this game will only continue to grow.

Anyway, time for golden slumbers.

1 comment:

  1. I agree one thousand percent. First, I have to master all the instruments on expert, which will be difficult. Then I am going to focus on mastering the vocals. Some of them are nuts. The harmonies are fantastic, the dlc is going to be fantastic. Greatest thing to ever happen to gaming. Period.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter