Monday, July 28, 2008

Another list or two.

As I'm sitting around packing and getting ready for my trip to Madison, Wisconsin to visit my sister before heading to Chicago and Lollapalooza, my thoughts have, as one would expect, turned to music. Experiencing live music is one of the greatest things I have experienced in life, and the prospect of three days of non-stop music has me giddy with excitement. The fact that I will finally see Radiohead in concert only pushes my excitement and anticipation over the edge.

My friend Justin and I have been having a text conversation for the last two hours or so, mostly about music, and we put together our individual lists about the best concerts we've seen. Hence, I will post my list and share it with the world.

Top 5 Concerts I've Attended (in a very particular order):
5. Sigur Ros (May 2006 in SLC)
4. Mogwai (May 2006 in SLC - not with Sigur Ros)
3. Arcade Fire (April 2007 at the Coachella Music Festival in Indio, CA)
2. The Dismemberment Plan (November 2002 in SLC)
1. The Wrens (December 2005 in Seattle, WA)

This was a fairly easy list to make, but it was also difficult to exclude some very awesome shows that I have seen. One of my next projects, not for this blog or anything, will be to make a list of all the bands that I have seen in concert. I've been keeping a list since 2006, but I saw quite a few shows in the years preceeding that, dating back to the summer of 1999 when I saw Jimmy Eat World in the small basement of Club DV8 in SLC. That was a good show, an appropriate beginning of my love affair with live music.

Top 5 Bands to see at Lollapalooza:
1. RADIOHEAD!!!
2. Rage Against the Machine
3. The National
4. Broken Social Scene
5. The Go! Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter