Monday, January 9, 2012

"This station is now operational!"

One of the biggest regrets of my teenage years was that I didn't discover At The Drive-In early enough to catch them live.  I read about their high energy live performances and could only dream of how awesome they would be in a small club, but unfortunately, they broke up before I ever had the chance.

After today, my dream of seeing them live might come true.

At The Drive-In announced today that they will be breaking their 11 year silence.  They're lined up to play both weekends at this year's Coachella music festival in April.  April is going to be the craziest month of the year for me at work with the release of the 1940 US census, so there's no way I'm going to be able to take any time off.  I'm crossing my fingers that their reunion is going to result in more than just a few shows here and there.  I'm hoping for a full tour and a new album.

I'll just have to wait and see.  In the meantime, here's a video of the band performing on Letterman back in the day.


1 comment:

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter