Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Monthly Mix: April 2011

Stacey told me that I should make a mix each month to document what songs I've been listening to most, and I immediately accepted her idea. Each month I'll throw together a mix without much fanfare and post the tracklist and a link on this here blog.

April was a good month for music. I found myself, for whatever reason, listening to a lot of female artists or bands with female vocals, the foremost of these being Sharon Van Etten. I saw three very, very good concerts during the month (Wye Oak at Kilby Court, Sharon Van Etten and Little Scream at The State Room, and The Arcade Fire and Local Natives at the UCCU Center), and I discovered a handful of new artists that I immediately liked and listened to extensively. Anyway, click here for the April 2011 mix.
  1. Little Scream - "Cannons"
  2. TV on the Radio - "Second Song"
  3. tUnE-yArDs - "Gangsta"
  4. Local Natives - "World News"
  5. Wye Oak - "Holy Holy"
  6. Sharon Van Etten - "Don't Do It"
  7. TV on the Radio - "Repetition"
  8. tUnE-yArDs - "Bizness"
  9. Local Natives - "Sun Hands"
  10. Wye Oak - "Hot as Day"
  11. Adele - "Rolling in the Deep"
  12. The National w/Sharon Van Etten - "Think You Can Wait"
  13. Little Scream - "The Heron and the Fox"
  14. Sharon Van Etten - "Love More"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Reading Progress:

  • Quotidiana - Patrick Madden
  • How to Be Alone - Jonathan Franzen
  • The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
  • Lamentations of the Father - Ian Frazier
  • Coyote v. Acme - Ian Frazier
  • Songbook - Nick Hornby
  • Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield

Site Meter